Upcoming doctoral exams at the department of Heath Sciences and Technology »»
Register for doctoral examination
Upon agreement between you and your supervisor, you can proceed to register for your doctoral examination. Steps:
- Agree on one or more possible date(s) and time(s) with your supervisor and co-supervisors, and inform the doctoral administration of the department accordingly. The doctoral administration of the department will arrange your examination: they will reserve a room and find a professor of D-HEST who will act as chairman of the examination.
Note: The supervisor and at least ONE co-examiner have to attend the doctoral examination in person. The second and third co-examiners are allowed to use videoconferencing.
»» Information about how to set up a doctoral examination as a videoconference (PDF)
»» Directive regarding physical presence of the examination committee (PDF; website of the Rectorate)
- Consider the information about registering for the examination on the website of the Rectorate. Download the registration form.
On the registration form, the department confirms that you have acquired the 12 credit points that are required to be admitted to the examination. Please ask the following persons for this confirmation:
- Food Science: Dr. Jeannette Nuessli Guth, study coordinator
- Health Sciences and Technology: Dr. Roland Müller, study coordinator
Go to the doctoral administration of the Rectorate and register for the examination. Bring the completed and signed form, along with a copy of your doctoral thesis.
- After you have registered for the examination, the doctoral administration of the department will issue and distribute invitations to the examination. They will also ask the supervisor and the co-supervisors for reports about your thesis.
- Originally signed hard copies of the written reports must be provided by examiner and co-examiners before the examination.
- Doctoral students are responsible for distributing copies of their thesis to examiner and co-examiners.
- As a rule, doctoral examinations are open to the public.
»» Information for supervisor and co-supervisors (PDF)