General information and advice
- The Information Sheet for Doctoral Studies in D-HEST (see the Documents section) contains important information on the research plan. Please read it before writing your research plan.
- Please also read the information on the web pages of the Academic Services department.
- The research plan has to be approved by the "Doktoratsausschuss" of the department. The approval process will be initiated after it has been handed in at the doctoral administration of the department.
Handing in the research plan
The research plan is handed in at the doctoral administration of the department (Ruth Bürkli, LFW C 13.2) which initiates the approval process.
- Title page: The title page of the research plan (PDF, 496 KB) provided by the department must be used. It must be signed by the doctoral student and the doctoral supervisor. It can also be signed by the advisor resp. co-supervisor.
- Approval form of the doctoral administration (Academic Services): Additionally to the research plan and title page, the approval form of the Academic Services has to be filled out, signed by the doctorate supervisor and handed in with the research plan.
- If there is a delay in submitting your research plan, you must hand in an application form to extend the deadline for submitting the research plan. The form has to be handed in at the doctoral administration of the department.
Approval of the research plan
The research plan is submitted to the "Doktoratsausschuss" for approval. The Academic Services department will then be informed of the approval of the research plan. Subsequently, the doctoral student is definitely admitted to the doctoral studies. The procedure takes 2 to 4 weeks.